The University of Arizona

Undergraduate Math Center

Math/SDS Majors and MinorsResearch, Teaching, Internships, and Study Abroad for UndergradsIs funding available to study or participate in research abroad?

9.3. Is funding available to study or participate in research abroad?

UA's Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarships regularly holds information sessions and provides information and assistance with scholarships like Gilman and Boren:

The DIMACS REU has an annual trip to Prague, Czech Republic that a few select students from the REU may be selected to attend.  DIMACS is a paid Research Experience for Undergraduates, funded by NSF.  Projects typically relate to math and computer science.

The Amgen Scholars program provides funding to participate in research at a US institution.  There are many summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) available each year; we maintain a partial listing on our website.

Some countries have scholarships to study or work specifically in their country. 

Example:  Germany has a DAAD Scholarship for undergraduate students  

For more on study/research programs abroad, see our website: 



Knowledge Tags
abroad  / 

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful